Saturday, September 12, 2009

I was hoping...

That even though the economy is really bad, that with everything Ken does at the school we would be ok. But I guess not. Ken came home from work yesterday looking a little down and I thought he was just tired from the work week, didn't think too much about it. While I was doing laundry, I heard him on the phone asking about hours in kindergarten. I go in our room to see what is going on, and he tells me that they have cut his hours. He is now working 4 hours a day instead of 8. What a shock!!

He has already put some calls in to people that he knows and we are hoping that things will get better. I was thinking of life last night after the kids were in bed and I guess this is how people become homeless, it starts at the end of the day with bad news and keeps getting worse.

Not saying that we are going to be homeless, it was just a thought. So for the last 12 hours I have been in the "what can we cut out mode". Looks like TV programs and Bunco are the first to go.

No comments: